The Littlest Gator Sent Me These Ten Tunes Off Her iPod
I've tracked down the first four lines of the songs which are presented here.
The answer key is posted up at Harp and Sword
1. (extra point available on this for naming the first album it appeared on)
D. Potter scores first and often with Fleetwood Mac "Landslide" the extra points are still up in the air. Ric scores the extra point on Landslide first being recorded on the amazing "Buckingham/Nicks" album.
I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
till the landslide brought me down
2. kenga got Regina Spector's "Fidelity"
I never loved nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
3. D. Potter again with Indigo Girls' "Galileo" (a fine song, from a fine duo)
Galileo's head was on the block
The crime was looking up for truth
And as the bombshells of my daily fears explode
I try to trace them to my youth
What is it that makes me just a little bit queasy?
There's a breeze that makes my breathing not so easy
I've had my lungs checked out with X rays
I've smelled the hospital hallways
5. Soundacious picks up on "When Two and Two are Five" by The Story
When two and two are five
You're gonna go to work like any other day
Things might be much different
God might be a vengeful one
6. D. Potter scores again with Katrina & the Waves "Walking on Sunshine"
Oh! Ohhhh yeeeh
I used to think maybe you loved me now baby I'm sure
And I just can't wait till the day when you knock on my door
Now everytime I go for the mailbox , gotta hold myself down
Cos I just wait till you write me your coming around
7. D. Potter gets Mike Doughty's "27 Jennifers"
I went to school with 27 Jennifers
16 Jenns, 10 Jennies, and then there was her
It’s the sweet shine of,
Yeah, force of divine love
The blessed arrival of you
8. Soundacious recognised "A Case of You" by the wonderful, wickedly talented, and above all, kind, Joni Mitchell (you know I love you forever Joni, you also know how very rarely I say that)
Just before our love got lost you said
I am as constant as a northern star
And I said, "Constant in the darkness
Wheres that at? If you want me I'll be in the bar."
9. bunter picked Amy Winehouse "You Know I'm No Good" (and i will confess here, again, my guilty, guilty love for miss amy. i wish she could get herself a backup band of old pros in recovery who would be able to show her how to rock the shit out of sobriety)
Meet you downstairs in the bar and hurt,
Your rolled up sleeves in your skull t-shirt,
You say "What did you do with him today?"
And sniffed me out like I was Tanqueray,
10. JeffH spotted Tori Amos' "Winter"
Snow can wait
I forgot my mittens
Wipe my nose
Get my new boots on
[ Find Your Polling Place | Voting Info For Your State | Know Your Voting Rights | Report Voting Problems ]