As usual at this time of the week, it's Wednesday and time for the Wednesday Wire.
Good reading list this week...
- "Will Obama Inspire a New Generation of Organizers?" by Peter Dreier at dissentmagazine.org.
- "David Plouffe is the man steering Obama's campaign: The political operative is smart, competitive, frugal and confident. And he has no intention of straying from his unconventional plan to get Obama elected." by Peter Nicholas at latimes.com
- "How Obama Could Radically Alter the Election Map This Fall" by Adam Doster at alternet.org Voter registration, voter registration, voter registration. By the way; have YOU gone to www.VoteFromAbroad.org yet? It's so easy!!
- "GOP Looks To Redistrict Itself Back Into Power" by Sam Stein at huffingtonpost.com. The importance of gubernatorial and state legislative elections once again.
- "Why some conservatives are backing Obama" by Carolyn Lochhead at sfgate.com. Another lesson on framing as well as Obama's wider than expected appeal.
- "Hanging Tough with Obama When Obama is Not Hanging Tough" by Mark Karlin at buzzflash.com . More on this week's issues.
- "Is Obama taking a page from the Bush playbook?" by Bill Berkowitz at religiondispatches.org
- "How Democrats Could turn Texas into the Blue Star State" by Bob Moser thenation.com. Believe me, folks, Texas is ours.
- "McCain Allies Find Finance-Law Holes: Governors' Fund Recruits Big Donors; Bid to Catch Obama" by Brody Mullins and T.W. Farnam at online.wsj.com
- "FISA: Why we continue to fight" by Kagro X at dailykos.com. This is the one issue I am most disappointed by since I opted for Obama after Edwards dropped out.
- "The Mind and the Obama Magic" by George Lakoff at realclearpolitics.com, George doesn't like it either.
Read the rest...